Safe, Fair & Fun
If you decide to build a boat and enter one of our events, there are a few rules to be aware of. These rules are in place to ensure the events to run smoothly and fairly.
All entries must comply
- All craft must comply with the rules for the specific event in which it is entered: these rules will be outlined on the day of the event.
- Any design will be permitted if, in the opinion of the Committee, the craft is safe.
- Craft may be converted to enter more than one event provided they comply with the rules for each event entered.
- The Committee reserves the right to reject any craft displaying written or other material, which might be offensive to the public.
- The Committee reserves the right to refuse entry in any event or events to any person or persons without giving any reasons for such refusal.
- A tow rope no longer that the length of the craft shall be attached to the bow of each craft.
- All crew members shall wear a suitable flotation jacket.
- The operator and crew of a boat shall be responsible for all damage caused by the boat.
- All craft shall assemble in the marshalling area at least 15 minutes before the announced starting time of the event.
- No protest regarding eligibility of a craft will be considered once the race has started.
- No protest regarding the result or running of a race will be considered unless lodged with the protest committee within 15 minutes of completion of the event.
- At the conclusion of the Regatta, the crew and supporters shall remove all boats or parts of boats.
- Entrants are reminded that there are heavy penalties for littering.
- All craft should appear to be made of recycled drink containers – cans, milk cartons plastic bottles.